About the Site
- Home Page
- Deb's Story
- Music Albums
- Educational Videos
- Tablature Books
- Contact Deb
- About the Site
I first became aware of the needs of individuals with disabilities while studying drama and making music at St. Edward's University. At night, I sang in folk music clubs in the Austin and Dallas-Ft. Worth area, but during the day I volunteered helping teenagers with cognitive disabilities. In 1978, my husband Richard suffered a traumatic brain injury. Despite the challenges, Richard and I flourished in a culture that had not yet made accessibility part of daily life. I completed my Ph.D. in Special Education/Rehabilitation from the University of Texas in 1994. During my work at the university, I served on the board of directors of the Brain Injury Association of Texas. One of my greatest professional joys was conducting policy research on the Americans with Disabilities Act for the Honorable Barbara Jordan.
This website reflects my commitment to individuals and their families who need accessible information on music. Music has enriched my life and brought me great joy. I hope it does the same for you.
- A "Skip to Main Content" link has been provided at the top of each page to allow users to go directly to that page's unique content.
- Links to tablature samples, the shopping cart, and external websites will open in a new browser window. These links will be identified with a icon. Pressing Alt + F4 in Windows or Command + W on a Macintosh will close the new window.
- Users who are having difficulty reading the text due to its size may increase the text size through the View Text Size menu in Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) have been used to control the presentation of this website. Several CSS files have been created so that this site will display properly on computers, in print, and on handheld devices.
- Audio and video samples are provided in Adobe Flash format. Users may need to download and install the free Adobe Flash Player.
- Tablature samples are provided in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. Users may need to download and install the free Adobe Reader.
This privacy statement describes how Lyric's Mama Music collects and uses the personal information you provide on our website. It also describes the choices available to you regarding Lyric's Mama Music's use of your personal information and the steps you can take to access this information and to request that we correct or delete it.
If you join Deb's Mailing List, the personal information you submit to us (such as your name, address, and email address) will be used solely by Lyric's Mama Music to communicate with you about Deb's upcoming appearances and/or catalog items. Your personal information will not be shared with third parties unless we are required to do so by law, or if we believe that doing so is necessary in order to conform to the law, cooperate with law enforcement agencies, comply with legal process served on Lyric's Mama Music, or otherwise protect Lyric's Mama Music's legal rights.
Our site includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Lyric's Mama Music. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is subject to their privacy statements. Lyric's Mama Music's privacy statement does not apply to information you may submit to those sites. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
If you have any questions about our privacy statement or would like to access or correct your personal information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by writing us at the following address:P.O. Box 267
Pittsburg, TX 75686
Lyric's Mama Music was begun in 1990 as a sole proprietorship to market the music of Debbie Porter. In 2001, Lyric's Mama Music became a subsidiary of Access Grants, Inc. Payments for items ordered through this website will be processed through PayPal. Our PayPal business account is listed as Access Grants, Inc., however the merchant name that will appear on your credit card statement is "PAYPAL *L M M" or "PAYPAL *LYRICS MAMA MUSIC".